After years of research, TotalFitness has teamed up with Café Barbell to make NaturalWHEY protein. The plan was for TotalFitness to make a perfect protein formula and Café Barbell’s role was to deliver a great taste. Mission accomplished.
Café Barbell’s NaturalWHEY is a protein isolate made with all natural cocoa and vanilla bean flavors and Stevia leaf extract (Rebaudioside A) and Monk fruit (Siraitia grosvenorii) are its only sweeteners. To enhance NaturalWHEY we have added Prohydrolase, a digestive enzyme formulation. NaturalWHEY’s few ingredients have surmountable benefits. Bottom line…better results!
PROTEIN ISOLATE: whey protein is the protein fraction of whey, which is a liquid that separates from milk and is a complete, high-quality protein, containing all of the essential amino acids. It is highly digestible and absorbed quickly when compared to other protein sources (meat, soy, vegetable, plant, etc). Isolates are 100-159% bio-available proteins.
When paired with strength training, the benefits are as follows:
- Promotes muscle growth
- Prevents age-related muscle loss
- Helps repair muscles and tissues
- Aids in speeding metabolism
- Helps pre-digest protein so that amino acid levels in the bloodstream are up to 55 times higher compared to other protein enzymes
- Can increase protein absorption by up to 3 times
- Supports muscle building and improved recovery time
- Helps ensure smaller protein peptides are formed which helps maintain normal CRP levels
- Helps reduce digestive issues which are sometimes associated with protein consumption
The addition of Prohydrolase allows you to: have more protein than ever available for assimilation from a serving OR you can reduce your serving size without a real loss of protein (if compared to an equivalent serving of protein product that does not contain Prohydrolase).
STEVIA (EXTRACT): name given to a green leafy herbal plant, native to South America, has extremely sweet leaves. Stevia glycosides, mainly stevioside and rebaudioside are the active compounds responsible for its sweetness.
The benefits of Stevia are countless; it is why Café Barbell has interest in its extract (avoiding the bitter taste from the leaf of the plant) and use it in all products offered. We’ve dedicated a page specifically to ensure all details are mentioned. For more information regarding Stevia and it’s healthful benefits Click Here.
MONK FRUIT: sweetener extracted from monk fruit grown in Southeast Asia approved by the FDA as sweetener use in 2010. Unlike most fruits the natural sugars in monk fruit aren’t responsible for its sweetness rather its unique antioxidants called mogrosides. In processing, mogrosides are separated from the fresh-pressed juice, therefore does not contain fructose or glucose.
- Contains antimicrobial organisms that fight off harmful bacteria
- Juice removes the histamine and other chemicals that trigger allergies
- Provides relief to joint inflammation pain
- Antioxidant qualities reenergize fatigue suffering
- Mogroside V, monk fruit sweetener’s main component, has antioxidant (compounds that enhance the body's ability to fight off the free radical compounds that attack body tissue) and anti-inflammatory properties
- Mogroside IIIE, found in monk fruit, contributes to the fight against pulmonary fibrosis (respiratory) disease
SUNFLOWER LECITHIN: a substance that’s naturally found in the tissues of your body as well as a multitude of plant and animal sources that works as an emulsifier (helps stabilize mixtures and prevent separating). Sunflower lecithin (as opposed to egg, soy, corn) is the best whereas it’s GMO-free, plant-based and produced using more gentle extraction methods which doesn’t require harsh chemicals.
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Improves digestive health
- Supports skin health, especially in relieving irritated and dry skin
- Great source of choline which boosts brain function specifically learning and memory
- Emulsifying properties improves digestion (helpful for those suffering from ulcerative colitis or irritable bowel syndrome)
Flavor option for a wide range of flavors we offer additive options with SteviaSELECT flavor infusion.